Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wow

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she's awesome too!

Big Fred said...

She brought life to McCain's ticket. Between Obama and McCain - McCain becomes an easy decision. However, I find enough issues with McCain's positions that cause me just to be "ok" with him. I have a lot of respect for him and think he will do a good job as president, but I won't get up at 5am to see if he sent me an email.

Now add Palin and he has added some life in his ticket. She will have much less impact on policy than I would like, but she will certainly cause the "business as usual" flow common at the Capitol to think a little. Let's make a deal better be good on both sides of the situation. A normal, everyday person - with normal everyday problems - participating in the discussion process == I really like that. We need her "mistakes" in the loop. Palin in 2012.

Big Fred said...

She brought life to McCain's ticket. Between Obama and McCain - McCain becomes an easy decision. However, I find enough issues with McCain's positions that cause me just to be "ok" with him. I have a lot of respect for him and think he will do a good job as president, but I won't get up at 5am to see if he sent me an email.

Now add Palin and he has added some life in his ticket. She will have much less impact on policy than I would like, but she will certainly cause the "business as usual" flow common at the Capitol to think a little. Let's make a deal better be good on both sides of the situation. A normal, everyday person - with normal everyday problems - participating in the discussion process == I really like that. We need her "mistakes" in the loop. Palin in 2012.

Nick said...

Some time ago you were speculating who the anti christ might be?

Meet Sarah Palin.

PastaKeith said...

oh nick!
the anti-christ?

maybe... you don't like her, but is she really THAT bad?

come on now.

your brother in law thinks she's hot!

Nick said...

I was just poking a little fun since Mike speculated that Al Gore might be the anti christ.

If there is an anti christ present on earth, my money is on Vladimir Putin. He got elected on promises of Democracy in Russia and look were he has taken the world.

I do think Palin is all flash and no sizzle. She lied or misled in her acceptance speech. She also is a career politician. She picks whatever side of the issue suits her career.

I think Jessica Simpson is hot. That doesn't mean I would vote for her.

Mike Greiner said...

now, I never really would consider al gore the anti-christ. An anti-christ cannot be a polarizing figure.

As for Palin, my "wow" was a reaction to the entire package, what she had to say, how she was dazzling a nation, etc, etc; not to some male response to her physical attractiveness (that said, as Letterman pointed out, "she is easy on the eyes").

andy said...

I haven't watched SNL for well over a decade, but for some reason, I did last week. Amazing how they devoted the entire show to her. I read about media bias, but really, are they doing Obama any favors by never mentioning him?